Search This Blog

Friday, March 14, 2008

Petal Birthday

TGIF! It's FRIDAY! I'll be getting together with my best friend to check out a new scrapbooking store in a neighboring town. Actually it isn't that new, SHE has been there before, but *I* haven't been there yet so it's NEW for ME.

I guess since I posted three pictures last time I figured I could go a few days without posting another one. Just as well, because I've been busy with church stuff, condo association stuff, working up some Easter goodies for friends and family using stamps of course (if I can get some decent pics of the goodies, I'll post those too).

Anyway, here's a birthday card that I made a while back for a friend from church. I have the Spiral Punch which I had never used. This card was part of a One Sheet Wonder grouping that I found online somewhere and I did it the way I suppose you should by making my own hand printed paper. It’s easier to use the Designer Series Paper if you’re doing a whole set of cards but because I was only making a couple, I decided to try my hand at stamping. It’s not as easy at it looks. When you’re done, you need to have enough color in the pieces that you’re using to make it the focal point of the card. I’m glad I had extra squares! I REALLY like the effect that the Spiral Punch gives the card. I’m going to have to work that into more of my designs.

Recipe:
Stamp sets: Polka Dots and Petals, Sincere Salutations
Paper: Pretty in Pink, Bashful Blue, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White cardstock Ink: Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, Pixie Pink, Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery
Accessories: Spiral and Tab punch, Gold brad, Polka Dots and Petals jumbo wheel

No comments:

Lovely As A Tree

This post also uses the new Brusho Crystal Color Powder.  I wanted to try making a landscape, but knew, because of how Brusho works (you can...