Search This Blog

Monday, March 3, 2008

Breaking Away From Regularly Scheduled Programming

I know I'm posting pictures from a card event that I attended recently, but I had to break in with a card that I know just about anyone can emphathize with. You know how you always hear "It looks better in person than it does in the picture?" Well, that wasn’t the case with me and this card. In the picture that I found online, it looked like a fun birthday card that would be pretty easy to make. It uses the "Friendly Flowers" set that just came out in the Occasions mini catty. The main medallion image was embossed with Tempting Turquoise craft ink and looked very shiny in the picture. Anyhow, I started out having one HECK of a time trying to stamp and emboss the medallion. I didn’t have the Tempting Turquoise craft ink pad so used a ColorBox chalk pad instead. I could NOT get the medallion to stamp so that the ink was even and the embossing powder would process properly. Some areas had shine and others didn’t. I think I had to stamp 5 times before I got one that worked and you can't even see the shine in this picture! Too bad I wasn’t trying to just do a regular medallion without the heat embossing. Guess maybe I should dig the "rejects" out of the trash. Might be able to use them somewhere else. (Just got back from checking them out. They’re too uneven to work. Oh well, at least now I know what I have to do. Not use that particular stamp again for embossing or else not that particular kind of ink.)

I probably won’t make this particular card again or if I do, I’ll use different colors. This isn’t quite my style in color combinations, but I’m sure someone will enjoy getting it on their birthday.

Recipe:
Stamp set: Friendly Flowers, Sincere Salutations, Small Script
Paper: Real Red, Certainly Celery, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White
Ink: Real Red, Certainly Celery, Blue Lagoon from ColorBox Petal Point Chalk Option Pad
Accessories: Word Window Punch, Rinestone Brad, Fiskars Shape Cutter Circle Template and cutter

We now resume our regularly scheduled programming.

No comments:

Lovely As A Tree

This post also uses the new Brusho Crystal Color Powder.  I wanted to try making a landscape, but knew, because of how Brusho works (you can...