Search This Blog

Friday, January 26, 2018

Lovely As A Tree

This post also uses the new Brusho Crystal Color Powder.  I wanted to try making a landscape, but knew, because of how Brusho works (you can't always control where it goes) that I might not get the look I was going for.  I gave it shot however, and REALLY like how it turned out!  What a BEAUTIFUL sunset this turned out to be!!

First the card:

Supply List:
Stamps:  Lovely As a Tree, High Tide
Paper:  Watercolor Paper, Basic Black and Poppy Parade (retired) card stock
Accessories:  Basic Black ink; Moss Green, Brilliant Red, and Yellow Brusho; Tombow All Purpose Glue
Tools:  Stampin' Spritzer and water

Directions:
1.  Sprinkle Brusho colors on to watercolor paper which has been taped down to a study base of some sort.  I used the cardboard backing to the glimmer paper packs, and painter's tape.  A light touch with the Brusho is generally all that's necessary.  Spritz with water.  Set aside to dry.  Once dry, if necessary add more Brusho and spritz with more water, until you get the effect you want.
2.  Assemble card base.  Poppy Parade for base, Basic Black for mat.
3.  Stamp Lovely as a Tree stamps and the birds from the High Tide set, on to watercolor background, using Basic Black ink.  Trim panel to fit.
4.  Attach to card base with Tombow.  I initially tried with SNAIL adhesive and it didn't hold because the paper was a bit warp-y.  I used Tombow and put something heavy on top of it to hold it down until it dried.  That did the trick!

I have to say that I haven't done many cards with this method of coloring yet, but this is my favorite so far.  I have several other backgrounds made, just have to figure out what theme I want to use with them.  Stay tuned.

Check out my Stampin' Up! website if you'd like to order any of the above items, at http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/stampinkathy/  Just click on the 'shop now' button and it will take you to my online store.  Happy Stamping!


No comments:

Lovely As A Tree

This post also uses the new Brusho Crystal Color Powder.  I wanted to try making a landscape, but knew, because of how Brusho works (you can...