Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Birthday Card for a Friend

THIS is the card that I referred to in a previous post, that I made for a friend of mine who wasn’t the "zebra type." I don’t have much in the way of masculine stamps but I do know that he likes the outdoors so thought the set "Stem Silhouettes" from Stampin’ Up! would work out fine done with the right colors and papers.

The recipe:
Sets: Stem Silhouettes, Warmest Regards, Itty Bitty Backgrounds
Paper: Always Artichoke, Really Rust, Naturals White, Copper Shimmer paper
Ink: Always Artichoke, Really Rust, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: hemp twine, Tiny Mosaic Cuttlebug embossing folder, Cuttlebug embossing machine

I could have probably used the confetti white card stock to get the spotted detail on the main piece, but wanted more spots so instead used the Itty Bitty Backgrounds stamp with Always Artichoke ink. I don’t have a background stamp that looks like tree bark so went with the Tiny Mosaic embossing folder for the Really Rust card stock, which added an additional bit of dimension and that I actually liked better. Matted that to the copper shimmer paper. My main element didn’t want to stick to the embossed cardstock using my double sided tape cartridge, so I had to use my ZOTS clear adhesive dots instead. (The flat medium, not the 3D ones). I’m really pleased with how this turned out.

No comments:

Lovely As A Tree

This post also uses the new Brusho Crystal Color Powder.  I wanted to try making a landscape, but knew, because of how Brusho works (you can...