Search This Blog

Friday, February 1, 2008

Teenaged Happy Birthday

I needed a birthday card for a 13 year old boy. What kind of card do you make for a 13 year old boy? I certainly didn’t have any stamp sets that would be appropriate, I didn’t think, and I didn’t want to do anything fancy or flowery ‘cuz he’s just not that type of kid. I had the In The Wild set but had already used that one for another card for him, so decided to go with the inspiration sheet for the retired Designer Label Punch Box and use my new hostess set Party Punch instead. I used the directions on the sheet for the notebook, but instead made it up as a card.

Recipe:
Set: Party Punch (hostess set from Spring/Summer catalog)
Paper: Confetti White, More Mustard, Old Olive, Bordering Blue, Chocolate Chip card stock.
Ink: Old Olive
Accessories: More Mustard 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, photo anchor and brad, paper piercing tool and template.

It’s a little hard to see in this picture, but I did a row of piercings just below the bottom edge of the Bordering Blue paper, on the More Mustard, to offset the torn and rolled edge of the Old Olive at the top, which is also a little bit hard to see in this picture.

In the end, I liked how all the parts came together. I hope the young man who got it liked it too.

No comments:

Lovely As A Tree

This post also uses the new Brusho Crystal Color Powder.  I wanted to try making a landscape, but knew, because of how Brusho works (you can...