Search This Blog

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Baroque Motifs - With A Twist

I made this card for my SU! demo because of the wonderful friend that she is and as a thank you for the Christmas "loot" that she sent home with me New Year’s Day. She’s just too nice to me.

Recipe:
Sets: Baroque Motifs
Paper: So Saffron Designer Series Paper, More Mustard, Blue Bayou, Soft Sky
Ink: More Mustard, Blue Bayou, Soft Sky
Accessories: Adhesive Rhinestones by Brenda Walton, Gold organdy ribbon, scalloped circle punch, 1-3/8ths" round punch, white glaze gel pen

The medallion is made by using the scalloped punch for the Blue Bayou circle, then the 1-3/8th’s punch for the Soft Sky circle, and then the top element is hand cut out so that the scallops are more defined and the Soft Sky paper shows a bit more. My first try was using the circle punch and that didn’t have enough "kick" detail. I like how this color combination came together, so much brighter than what I'd seen in the SU! mini catalog with the somewhat drab greens and browns.

I almost didn’t want to send this card out because I like it that much, but the idea is to brighten someone ELSE’s day with a hand made card and what good would it do anyone if I kept it? I guess that’s what digital cameras are for.

No comments:

Lovely As A Tree

This post also uses the new Brusho Crystal Color Powder.  I wanted to try making a landscape, but knew, because of how Brusho works (you can...