Search This Blog

Monday, January 7, 2008

Zebra

A friend of mine has a birthday coming up this month and I wanted to make him a nice masculine card. I made this card using the "In The Wild" set from Stampin’ Up! I then realized that he wasn’t exactly the "zebra type", that he was more a stateside outdoors type of guy, so made something different instead. But, I still like how this card turned out because it shows the neat effect that you get when you use bleach for stamping on dark paper.

Recipe:
Set: In The Wild, Itty Bitty Backgrounds
Paper: Black, Creamy Caramel
Ink: Black
Accessories: Paper Crimper, dimensionals, hemp twine, bleach, More Mustard eyelets, 1/16" hole punch.

To do the bleached zebras on the bottom of the card, I put bleach on several layers of paper towel in a foil pan, then used the stamp just the way I would use it if I were inking it up with color, only I used the bleach instead. Using the paper towel instead of simply putting the stamp in the liquid bleach in the pan (which I have tried), makes a clearer image on the paper without the bleach running and making everything look smeared

No comments:

Lovely As A Tree

This post also uses the new Brusho Crystal Color Powder.  I wanted to try making a landscape, but knew, because of how Brusho works (you can...