Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy Birthday - Victorian Style

I needed a birthday card for a very special person who I used to work with and who lives in a house that is very Victorian. I was trying to make a card that looked like it was a painting on a wall and came up with this. It took some work to get all the colors coordinated and to achieve the proper effect without being too busy, but I think the card got the effect across.

Recipe:
Stamp set: Best Bar Codes, Harlequin Pattern Block (Hero Arts)
Paper: Sahara Sand, Not Quite Navy, Naturals Ivory, silver metallic, patterned paper from Old World Mat Stack
Ink: Sahara Sand, Not Quite Navy
Accessories: Organdy ribbon, staple, silver "Fun Wire", ticket corner punch

I have seen the "S" spiral clips but didn't have any myself, so made my own using the silver "Fun Wire" that I got at Michael's. It's a thicker more "plastic" feeling wire, very easy to bend and form and holds it's shape better than the fine wire. Also doesn't kink as much which made it easier to make into the spiral shape.

No comments:

Lovely As A Tree

This post also uses the new Brusho Crystal Color Powder.  I wanted to try making a landscape, but knew, because of how Brusho works (you can...