Search This Blog

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Sticker Card in Silver

I had purchased some peel off sticker sets at our Rubber Stamp and Scrapbook Expo last fall and had never gotten around to using them. So, the other night I decided to see what they were all about. This picture is pretty much self explanatory. You just peel off the sticker, put it on an appropriate color solid background paper, and mount it on another appropriately patterned background. The sheets come with several sizes of stickers including some corners and borders, but I chose to use the main elements first since they didn’t require a lot of thinking as to where to position. I needed something easy, and the hardest part of this card was figuring out what patterned paper to use for the background.

Recipe:
Stamp sets: Small Greetings (Hero Arts)
Paper: Basic Gray, Black, Pink Passion, Metallic Silver stripe from Hot Off The Press’s Paper Pizazz METALLIC SILVER papers.
Ink: Versamark
Accessories: Scrapbooking Peel-off Sticker by Craft ‘n Craftin’ in silver, Pink Metallic Brads, Black Embossing Powder, heat tool

I had originally made this card with three brads also in the lower right hand corner, but that looked too "even" and also used up almost all of my pink metallic brads. I therefore substituted the embossed greeting instead which says "thinking of you."

No comments:

Lovely As A Tree

This post also uses the new Brusho Crystal Color Powder.  I wanted to try making a landscape, but knew, because of how Brusho works (you can...