Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Faux Metal Medallion

I took a little break from blogging because I was out of town visiting my parents in northern Wisconsin. While we were having snow up there, the folks back here in Milwaukee were having RAIN! IN FEBRUARY!!! They had about 1.18" which was the equivalent of 11+ inches of snow! I'm glad it was the rain!

Anyway, Baroque Motifs was a set that I just HAD TO HAVE but I haven't done a lot with that one either. I saw this on Splitcoast Stampers in the gallery and had to try it. It's using the faux metal technique. It worked out well with the gold EP but when I tried it with regular red EP it cracked when I tried to cut out the medallion. Guess it works best with the metallics which would appear to be more supple.

Recipe:
Stamp Set: Baroque Motifs
Card Stock: River Rock, Soft Sky, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Ink: River Rock, Versamark
Accessories: 5/8" Chocolate Chip satin ribbon, Gold Embossing Powder, linen thread, dimensionals, large antique gold brad
Technique: Faux Metal

Faux Metal Technique:
First I took the round medallion stamp and inked it up with Versamark. I used Whisper White card stock and covered it completely with Versamark ink, then applied the gold EP, then heated with the heat tool. While EP was still hot, applied more EP and reheated. Did this about 4 times to get enough of a layer so that the medallion could then be stamped on it. Press down and hold for a couple of seconds to allow to set somewhat and then lift off stamp. Allow to cool before cutting out.

No comments:

Lovely As A Tree

This post also uses the new Brusho Crystal Color Powder.  I wanted to try making a landscape, but knew, because of how Brusho works (you can...