Search This Blog

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Embrace Life, with Guava

I recently attended a card making event at the home of a SU! demonstrator friend, Lisa Hirsch, and the next several posts will be cards that I made at that event. We made 10 cards for a cost of $10 and she supplied all the materials. This is a very nice way of getting cards and inspiration without having to spend the money to buy all the stamp sets used. This is also a good way to determine if a set is something that I might want to purchase at a later date.

So, here’s the first one. There are several cards using the Embrace Life set, it’s become one of my favorites!


This card uses an interesting technique for making faux eyelets. First I punched three corners using Chocolate Chip cardstock and the Photo Corner Punch. The punch makes two sizes, I used the smaller size. Then I used the paper piercer to make a hole (use the piercing mat) and using the white gel pen, outlined the hole. Viola, "eyelets"! For the "Thinking of You" sentiment which is hard to see in this picture, I first stamped on Ruby Red card stock and then used the Word Window Punch (flipped over) to center the words and then punch out. The Double Rectangle was used to punch the holes for the ribbon. Ruby Red ink was sponged on the flowers and the white gel pen used to accent.

Recipe:
Stamp Set: Embrace Life
Cardstock: Groovy Guava, Ruby Red, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Basic Brown and Ruby Red
Accessories: Sponge Daubers, Photo Corner, Double Rectangle and Word Window Punches, Groovy Guava Double Stitched Ribbon, White Gel Pen

No comments:

Lovely As A Tree

This post also uses the new Brusho Crystal Color Powder.  I wanted to try making a landscape, but knew, because of how Brusho works (you can...