Search This Blog

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Sticker Card in Gold

This card was the same technique as the previous one, except that this one was gold.

Recipe:
Stamp sets: Friendship Messages (used Just Because) (Hero Arts)
Paper: Metallic Gold stripe from Hot Off The Press’s Paper Pizazz METALLIC GOLD papers.
Ink: Versamark
Accessories: Scrapbooking Peel-off Sticker by Craft ‘n Craftin’ in Gold, Gold Embossing Powder, heat tool, Black Brads, 5/8" black organdy ribbon.

I taped the organdy ribbon to the back of the striped paper before attaching it to the main card. I had done the same thing with this card as I did with the other with regard to the lower right hand element. I started out with three black brads there too, but doing that would have used up almost all that I had, so chose the gold embossed greeting instead.

I sent this card to my sister and she thought I'd used gold leaf on it! Just goes to show that you can get a very expensive looking affect without much work. Now I have to figure out something to make with the red stickers that I have.

No comments:

Lovely As A Tree

This post also uses the new Brusho Crystal Color Powder.  I wanted to try making a landscape, but knew, because of how Brusho works (you can...