Search This Blog

Monday, September 8, 2008

Christmas Jars

I’m getting a head start on our church Holiday Bazaar and made up a bunch of these little candy jars. I’ve seen this on Splitcoast and I think several people have posted these online. I made them with flowers and spring colors for a luncheon that a church group had back in June. At that time I said that I’d be making ones similar for the church holiday sale. I got inspired over the weekend and did up 15, 5 in each color. I’m going to fill them with M&M’s or some other small holiday candy.

First I stamped the whole scalloped design on whisper white with the various ink colors. Then I used my 1 1/4" circle punch to punch out the background circle. I then used Versamark ink and my white embossing powder to emboss the snowflake on the individual colors of card stock and punched out with my 3/4" circle punch. The gold brad was put throught the center of the snowflake which was then attached to the background circle with a small dimensional cut in half. The whole thing was attached to the cap with a glue dot. The trim was attached to the edge of the cap with the tacky strip.

Recipe:
Stamp Set: So Many Scallops
Paper: Real Red, Glorious Green, Night of Navy, Whisper White
Ink: Real Red, Night of Navy, Glorious Green, Versamark
Accessories: White Embossing Powder, Scalloped Circle Punch, 3/4" circle punch, gold brad, dimensional, Terrifically Tacky Tape, glue dots, trim from Michael’s

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cute! You did an excellent job with them! I was wondering, where did you get the jars from? They are amazing! Thanks!

Jennifer, Stamping Away in Maryland

Kathy said...

Jennifer, my jars came from Michael's craft store. Not all of them have them I've found out, so you might have to look around. They were considered wedding favors so I found them in the wedding aisle.

Lovely As A Tree

This post also uses the new Brusho Crystal Color Powder.  I wanted to try making a landscape, but knew, because of how Brusho works (you can...