Search This Blog

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Rose Wasabi Friendship Card

I got the stamp set Friendship Blooms as one of the Sale-a-bration sets last winter, and hadn’t used it yet. Gasp! I just couldn’t seem to visualize ways to use these stamps and although I’d seen different cards made with this set, nothing seemed to inspire me until now.

This card was done as a thank you card for my boss. I stamped the flourish and leaves on Whisper White with Wild Wasabi and cut into a square. The outline flower was stamped on Whisper White with Rose Red and cut out. I usually like to have more color in my images, it seems to take me too long to do water coloring with the line art, but I like how there was just enough color in the center and the lines, to make the flower pop on the white background. The flourish and leaf image was matted on to Wild Wasabi and the flower was attached through both layers with a glitter brad. I had read somewhere that you could make any brad a glitter brad by using Diamond Glaze and glitter, but this brad came already glittered. The bottom of the base card of Pretty in Pink was covered with Rose Red DS paper leaving a narrow border of Pretty in Pink showing. The top edge of print was covered with a length of double stitched ribbon which I got at Michael’s and the flower panel was attached with dimensionals. The sentiment was stamped on Pretty in Pink paper with Rose Red ink and punched out with Key Tag punch.

A very simple card!

Stamp Set: Friendship Blooms
Paper: Rose Red DS Paper, Pretty in Pink, Wild Wasabi, Whisper White
Ink: Rose Red, Wild Wasabi
Accessories: Glitter Brad, pink double stitched ribbon from Michael’s, Key Tag Punch

No comments:

Lovely As A Tree

This post also uses the new Brusho Crystal Color Powder.  I wanted to try making a landscape, but knew, because of how Brusho works (you can...