Search This Blog

Monday, July 7, 2008

B G and Pomegranate

Here's a card which uses another one of my favorite color combinations - Basic Gray and Purely Pomegranate. I wouldn't have thought to put these two colors together but found my inspiration in another card that I found on Laura's blog. You can check her out here. She has such GREAT inspiration!

This card used the Fresh Cuts stamp set and note cards. I stamped the main image on the front part of the note card, and then removed the die cut petal portions, as well as the back part of the card. Those pieces will be used on a future card (or two). Since I don’t have the 5 petal flower punch yet (that’s going on my next order!), I made a template out of heavy card stock using my SU! demo's punch, traced and cut out the vellum flower (which might be a little bit hard to see) which I then put behind the cutout. (sorry if it looks a bit uneven). I used my Boho Blossoms punch to do the small flower in Pomegranate and then used a pink rhinestone brad to attach it in the center. This image was adhered to a mat of Pomegranate and then attached to a top folded Basic Gray card with dimensionals. A piece of Pomegranate satin ribbon and the gray twill bow finish off the card.

Recipe:
Stamp set: Fresh Cuts
Paper: Basic Gray, Purely Pomegranate, Fresh Cuts note cards, pale pink vellum
Ink: Basic Gray
Accessories: Handmade template for 5 petal flower (until I get the punch), Boho Blossoms punch, 5/8" Pomegranate Satin Ribbon, 3/8" gray twill ribbon, pink rhinestone brad

My sister will most likely get this card. Either her, or my mom.

No comments:

Lovely As A Tree

This post also uses the new Brusho Crystal Color Powder.  I wanted to try making a landscape, but knew, because of how Brusho works (you can...