Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Manly Happy Birthday Soup

My husband's boss is celebrating his 60th birthday this weekend and I thought I'd give him this card. He'll be turning 60 and the theme is a 60's theme. You know, bell bottoms, tie dye, beads, etc. Since I don't have ANYTHING that fits THAT theme, I thought I'd go more with an "over the hill" card saying that "hey, you're turning 60, how are your eyes working?" I had a HECK of a time trying to get the paper colors to come together but I'm rather pleased with how this turned out.

I matted the image on to Chocolate Chip and then Pumpkin Pie. The striped paper was matted on Night of Navy and then the thread was wrapped around before it was attached to the main card. The photo corners are in Chocolate Chip.

Recipe:
Stamp Set: Alphabet Soup
Paper: Always Artichoke, Chocolate Chip, Night of Navy, Pumpkin Pie, Very Vanilla, Bitty Scrap Pad "The Den" by Provo Craft
Accessories: Photo Corner Punch, Linen Thread

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Lovely As A Tree

This post also uses the new Brusho Crystal Color Powder.  I wanted to try making a landscape, but knew, because of how Brusho works (you can...