Search This Blog

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Fresh Apricot anad Chocolate

I wanted to try a a little something different with the new Fresh Cuts stamps. I had already done two with the die cut flower note cards and wanted to use the main image alone on a card. But what color combination to use? I had seen another card similar to this which had used black and yellow but didn’t want something with that much contrast. So instead, I settled on Chocolate Chip and Apricot Appeal.

I stamped the main image on Natural White card stock with Chocolate Chip ink and used makers to color in some of the flowers and leaves and used crystal glitter glue to add highlights. The image was then matted to Chocolate Chip. I ran the Apricot Appeal through my cuttlebug machine and then I used a Fiskars border punch to do the scallops AND the holes all in one step! Woohoo! The main element was attached to the Apricot which was then matted to Chocolate Chip and the ribbon was wrapped around and tied before the whole thing was added to a Naturals White card.

This card went to my store manager who’s been dealing with a lot in her life right now and she knows that I make cards. In fact, I’ve sold a few to her and I thought she deserved one of her own. She rewarded me with a hug today.

Recipe:
Stamp Set: Fresh Cuts
Paper: Apricot Appeal, Chocolate Chip, Naturals White
Ink: Chocolate Chip ink pad, Apricot Appeal, Pumpkin Pie, Certainly Celery, Old Olive Stampin’ Write markers
Accessories: Fiskars scalloped border punch, crystal glitter glue, orange organdy ribbon, Cuttlebug embossing folder "Birds and Swirls"

No comments:

Lovely As A Tree

This post also uses the new Brusho Crystal Color Powder.  I wanted to try making a landscape, but knew, because of how Brusho works (you can...