Search This Blog

Friday, July 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Ruby Guava

I made this birthday card to go along with the previous one that I made for my husband’s boss. The boss’s wife is also having a birthday and they’re having a combined birthday party so thought she’d enjoy a flower card. I REALLY like how this one turned out!

I colored with markers (chocolate chip, ruby red, and yo-yo yellow) and then stamped the "Happy Birthday" sentiment from "So Many Scallops" (which was a Sale-a-bration set from this past winter) on Very Vanilla card stock. I punched it out then matted that on to Ruby Red and then a scalloped circle in Groovy Guava. I used yellow Stickles glitter glue to enhance the candle flames.

The patterned paper is the "Ginger Blossom" designer paper which I matted on to Groovy Guava and then Ruby Red which I’d punched with my Fiskars scalloped border punch. The card was finished off with the Groovy Guava Double Stitched ribbon. The medallion was attached with a large dimensional.

Recipe:
Stamp Set: So Many Scallops
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Ruby Red, YoYo Yellow markers
Paper: Groovy Guava, Ruby Red, Very Vanilla, Ginger Blossom Designer Series Paper
Accessories: 1 1/4", 1 3/8", scalloped circle and Fiskars scalloped border punches, Groovy Guava double stitched ribbon, yellow Stickles glitter glue, dimensionals

No comments:

Lovely As A Tree

This post also uses the new Brusho Crystal Color Powder.  I wanted to try making a landscape, but knew, because of how Brusho works (you can...