Search This Blog

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Great Day Orange

Hello everyone! It's raining and cold (37*) here today, AGAIN. ICK! ICK! ICK! I'm getting so tired of this. I was out early this morning and drove home in the SLEET! It's supposed to be SPRING for crying out loud! I guess that's why I love these cards so much, they remind me of warm summer days.

When I first saw the set "Tart and Tangy" I wasn't quite sure what sort of "exciting" things I could do with the orange slice. Strawberries were logical, as was the apple, but an orange? Well, I liked the bright but simplistic style of this card from Jill's blog (see first post on this set) so I went with it.

Recipe:
Stamps: Tart and Tangy, Friendly Messages by Stampendous
Paper: Whisper White, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Bashful Blue, Summer Picnic Designer Paper
Ink: Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie
Accessories: 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punch, scalloped circle punch, 5/8" Old Olive Grosgrain Ribbon, dimensionals

I stamped the orange slice in Pumpkin Pie and then used Crystal Effects to juice up the orange segment. Looks good enough to eat, doesn’t it?! Simple but oh so good for you!

No comments:

Lovely As A Tree

This post also uses the new Brusho Crystal Color Powder.  I wanted to try making a landscape, but knew, because of how Brusho works (you can...