Search This Blog

Monday, April 14, 2008

Thank You Strawberry

This card is fourth in a set of five. I really had fun using Jill's ideas for making these cards. I posted a link to her blog in the first post I did using this set, Tart and Tangy.

I used the slit punch to make the scalloped edge on a strip of red cardstock. Just start punching at one end, and move the punch so that the slit you just made lines up with the area in the punch that will make the next cut. Do this until you get to the other end of the strip, the cut piece falls away and there you have it. It’s hard to see in this picture but I made dry embossed dots in the scallops with the Crop-A-Dile. The instructions are to set the top to A, the bottom to 2. Just make sure you don’t press so hard that you actually cut out a hole. You want the embossed look. You could also use Chocolate Chip marker on the bottom of the strawberry and a bit of Crystal Effects to give the impression of a chocolate dipped strawberry. YUM!!!!!!! However, that didn’t seem to fit in this card so I left it plain. This card is similar to one I posted after a Stampin’ Up! card making event that I went to earlier this year.

Recipe: Tart and Tangy, Friendly Messages by Stampendous
Paper: Whisper White, Real Red, Old Olive, Bashful Blue, Summer Picnic Designer Paper
Ink: Real Red, Old Olive, Basic Black
Accessories: 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punch, scalloped circle punch, slit punch, Crop-A-Dile, dimensionals

No comments:

Lovely As A Tree

This post also uses the new Brusho Crystal Color Powder.  I wanted to try making a landscape, but knew, because of how Brusho works (you can...