Search This Blog

Friday, April 18, 2008

Mother's Day Flowers

Seems hard to believe that Mother's Day is coming up in just a few weeks. The year is going by fast, isn't it? I got this card idea from Splitcoaststampers and for the life of me, I don't remember who originally did it. I went back and tried to find this card again so that I could give proper credit, and couldn't find it! So sorry. If someone can tell me who did this, I'll edit this post to give that person credit.

I just LOVE this set! The Ginger Blossom Designer Series paper is awesome too! I did this card up for Mother's Day obviously, but it could be used for any occasion just by using a different sentiment.

Recipe:
Stamp Set: Embrace Life, More Say It With Stamps set by All Night Media.
Paper: River Rock, Ruby Red, Whisper White, Ginger Blossom Designer Paper
Ink: Basic Black and River Rock ink pad, Cameo Coral, Old Olive, and Ruby Red markers
Accessories: Gold Cord, Marvy mega circle punch, Marvy giga scalloped circle punch, 1/16th" hand held punch, gold brads, dimensionals, Fiskars Shape Cutter Circle template.
The River Rock card base is stamped with River Rock ink and the leaves stamp, and then the Ginger Blossom half circle is attached to the left side. I could have probably made the half circle using a coffee saucer but I was too lazy to go downstairs and get it. The Ginger Blossom stem was stamped with black ink and colored in with markers, punched out, matted to the scalloped circle and attached to a piece of Ginger Blossom paper matted to Ruby Red. Two gold brads at the top and a bit of gold thread finishes it off. The panel was attached with dimensionals.
Very easy card! The hardest part was getting the cord bow to stay put!
Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Lovely As A Tree

This post also uses the new Brusho Crystal Color Powder.  I wanted to try making a landscape, but knew, because of how Brusho works (you can...