Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Stampless Heart Card

Every once in a while I come across an idea that doesn’t use any stamps. This card is CASE’d from one that I found on Laura Fredrickson’s Blog (go to posting date Feb. 4). Please check her out, she has MARVELOUS card ideas!! I changed it up a bit by using the "Birds and Swirls" Cuttlebug folder and using the scalloped square punch as my second square layer.

Because I didn’t want to make the whole card base out of my Shimmer White card stock, I used Whisper White instead. I then ran a quarter sheet of Shimmer White through my Cuttlebug with "Birds and Swirls" and the unembossed edges were trimmed off. This was attached to the card base. The hearts are punched out of the Luxury Stack and attached to the appropriate colors of square cardstock. The Scalloped Square metallic papers are gold for the Really Rust and Chocolate Chip, and green for the Always Artichoke. It’s hard to see in this picture but the shimmer really adds a nice touch. The heart squares are attached to the scalloped squares and then attached to the card with dimensionals.
I had debated about doing a sentiment on the front, but didn’t want to cover up any more of the embossed design so let it be. Sometimes, less is more. I wound up sending this to my sister and brother-in-law for their anniversary.
I wish the detail showed up more but I was having a problem with lighting this time. So many of my pic attempts didn't want to focus! I was thrilled to get THIS one!

Here’s the recipe:
Stamp set: None
Paper: Always Artichoke, Chocolate Chip, Really Rust, Shimmer White, Whisper White, metallic shimmer paper from Marco Paper, The Luxury Stack from DCWV (for hearts)
Accessories: Cuttlebug Folder "Birds and Swirls", heart punch by Marvy, 1 1/4" and Scalloped Square punches, dimensionals

No comments:

Lovely As A Tree

This post also uses the new Brusho Crystal Color Powder.  I wanted to try making a landscape, but knew, because of how Brusho works (you can...