Search This Blog

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Polka Dot Flowers

I recently participated in a 10 4 $10 event. Folks made 10 different cards for $10. It’s a GREAT way to try out some of the new Stampin’ Up! sets and products to see if you want to buy them. I’m friends with one of the Stampin Up! demonstrators and we had the event at my church. Because the ladies were all great, the folks all had a good time (the ladies from my church who attended said they really enjoyed themselves), and because of the little gifts each demonstrator gave me, I decided to make them all thank you cards. Because they’re all part of the same group of course I couldn’t make duplicate cards and because they’re all demonstrators I couldn't make just ANY card but had to pull out all the stops and make GREAT cards! So, I have new cards to show you, in addition to the 10 cards that I myself made at the event. But first, the thank you’s. I think this is some of my best work to date.

I got the idea for this card here. I shamelessly copied it because I couldn’t come up with any good ways to change it. Thanks Nancy for a GREAT card idea!

The card base is Bashful Blue. Delicate Dots designer paper was matted on to So Saffron and attached to the card base. Strips of Bashful Blue and So Saffron were cut and design done using the paper piercer and piercing template, and then attached to the bottom of the card. I stamped the "flower" from the set in Bashful Blue, So Saffron, Certainly Celery and Sahara Sand on Very Vanilla card stock. These were punched out with the 1 1/4" circle punch and then matted to the coordinating solid punched with the 1 3/8" circle punch. These were attached with dimensionals, to scalloped circles punched in the coordinating colors. The holes in the scallops were done with the 1/16" hand held punch. A length of 5/8" Certainly Celery twill ribbon was tied at the top.

Here’s the recipe:
Stamps: Polka Dot PunchesPaper: Delicate Dots DP, Bashful Blue, So Saffron, Certainly Celery, Sahara Sand, and Very Vanilla CSInk: Bashful Blue, So Saffron, Certainly Celery, and Sahara SandEmbellishments: 5/8" Certainly Celery Poly-Twill Ribbon, Bashful Blue Brad, So Saffron Brad, Certainly Celery Brad, Pewter BradTools: Paper Piercer & Mat Pack, Scallop Circle Punch, 1 1/4" & 1 3/8" Circle PunchesSupplies: Stampin' Dimensionals, 1/16" handheld punch

No comments:

Lovely As A Tree

This post also uses the new Brusho Crystal Color Powder.  I wanted to try making a landscape, but knew, because of how Brusho works (you can...