Search This Blog

Monday, March 9, 2009

Thoughts and Prayers

I just got the Thoughts and Prayers stamp set and unfortunately, had to use it right away. I got my idea for my card from Splitcoast Stampers here

I used Kiwi Kiss for the card base and used my Martha Stewart lace scalloped border punch on the bottom edge of the Whisper White layer. I inked up my branch stamp with Kiwi Kiss ink and removed the ink from the flowers using a blender pen. I then used a Bashful Blue marker to color in the flowers. This was stamped on Whisper White and matted to Baja Breeze. I used the two way glue pen to put adhesive on to the flowers and applied Dazzling Diamonds glitter. Once that was dry, I glued a piece of Baja Breeze striped grosgrain ribbon across the upper left corner of the matted piece. This was attached to the card. The sentiment was stamped on to Whisper White in Kiwi Kiss ink and punched out with the large oval punch. This was matted on to Baja Breeze which had been punched out with the Marvy oval punch. This was attached to the card front and the card was done.

I really like this set, I look forward to using it for something other than a sympathy card.

Here’s the recipe:
Stamp Set: Thoughts and Prayers
Paper: Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze, Whisper White
Ink: Kiwi Kiss, Bashful Blue Marker
Accessories: Baja Breeze striped grosgrain ribbon, Martha Stewart scalloped lace border punch, large oval punch by SU! and wide oval punch from Marvy, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, two way glue

No comments:

Lovely As A Tree

This post also uses the new Brusho Crystal Color Powder.  I wanted to try making a landscape, but knew, because of how Brusho works (you can...