Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Sweet Stems

I’m afraid that I don’t have the "author" for this card, so if someone knows who designed this one, please let me know and I’ll give proper credit.

I love this little set! I started out with a card base of Cameo Coral. A piece of Raspberry Tart designer paper was matted to Rose Red and attached to the card base. The green panel is pierced on top and bottom. The flowers from the Sweet Stems set were stamped in Basic Black, colored with Rose Red, Regal Rose and Green Galore markers and punched out using the 1 1/4" circle punch. These were matted on to Green Galore mats punched with the 1 3/8" circle punch. The scalloped circle mats were created by punching out Regal Rose and Rose red and staggering them so part of the other color showed. The two outside mats are Rose Red on top of Regal Rose, the center one is Regal Rose on top of Rose Red. I used my white gel pen to draw the dots on the top layer of the scalloped circle. The flowers elements are attached using dimensionals. I didn’t feel that a sentiment would work on the front of this card, just didn’t seem like there was enough room, but a small one could be done using an oval punch if the main panel was moved up a little bit. I couldn’t change my layout because the dimensionals tore the paper when I tried to move the panel. I don’t think the recipient will mind.

Here’s the recipe:
Stamp Set: Sweet Stems
Paper: Rose Red, Regal Rose, Kiwi Kiss, Raspberry Tart Designer Series paper
Ink: Basic Black, Rose Red, Regal Rose and Green Galore markers, white gel pen
Accessories: Paper piercer and mat, scalloped circle punch, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punch

No comments:

Lovely As A Tree

This post also uses the new Brusho Crystal Color Powder.  I wanted to try making a landscape, but knew, because of how Brusho works (you can...