Search This Blog

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Looks like a Buckle?

This card is going to a man who’s an outdoorsy type person, so I thought the designer paper looked a little bit Western, and the striped embossing folder looked a little bit like barn board. I hadn’t intended that the stripes go sideways, but that’s the way it came out of the embossing folder, and I think it looks better than the other way.

My medallion is different than the other two that I made. I cut the square wrong, so it was too short in one direction. So, instead of chucking the piece or using it for something else, I trimmed it so it was the short distance all the way around, decided to just punch two sides instead of four, and it almost looks like a belt buckle, don’t you think?

So, the directions again, are the same as the other cards only, as I said, the square was cut wrong so was trimmed so that it was one and three quarter inches on all sides, and punched on just two. If I had tried to punch all four sides the way I first had it cut, the inside would have fallen out.

Here’s the Recipe:
Stamp: Hero Arts
Paper: River Rock (card base and circle), Chocolate Chip (medallion, Old Olive (leaves), Really Rust ("Belt"), Apple Cider Designer Series paper
Accessories: Distressed Stripes Cuttlebug Embossing folder, Scalloped Border Punch, 1 1/4" circle punch, Sweetest Stem Embosslit folder, Cuttlebug machine

No comments:

Lovely As A Tree

This post also uses the new Brusho Crystal Color Powder.  I wanted to try making a landscape, but knew, because of how Brusho works (you can...