Search This Blog

Monday, August 25, 2008

Garden Thank You

I found out just recently that one of my neighbors is battling breast cancer. She’d mentioned something about wanting to make some thank you cards to send to those folks who have been helping her out with meals and other things. Since I’m not a "meal person," I just don’t feel right making someone else food when I don’t know what they like, I offered to make the cards for her. She told me to start with 6 so I wanted them to be nice but not be too much work or use a lot of embellishments because I may be making more and I didn’t want to run out of supplies. I took this idea from the Spring/Summer Idea Book from Stampin’ Up! The flower stamp was actually a background stamp that was a Level 1 hostess set. I think they turned out pretty good.

I started out by stamping the flower in Ruby Red ink on Whisper White. I took a strip of the Ginger Blossom designer paper and adhered it to the bottom of the card and covered the edge with the Groovy Guava ribbon. I was going to leave it at that, but the empty space in the upper left corner looked too, well, EMPTY. So, I got the bright idea that since this was supposed to be a Thank You card, that the word "Grateful" from the Small Script set was perfect. I had debated about adding some clear microbeads to the center of the flower and I’m still debating. Or, I’ll leave it like it is here, pure and simple.

Recipe:
Stamp Set: From The Garden, Small Script
Paper: Ginger Blossom Designer Series Paper, Whisper White
Ink: Ruby Red
Accessories: Groovy Guava Double Stitched Ribbon

No comments:

Lovely As A Tree

This post also uses the new Brusho Crystal Color Powder.  I wanted to try making a landscape, but knew, because of how Brusho works (you can...