Search This Blog

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Fresh Cuts in Red and Black

My boss had asked me to make her a wedding card for a friend whose wedding is in October. Never one to sit around and wait if an idea is there in my head, I got to work. This card is the same as one I posted earlier, only with different colors.

I stamped the background image over the die cut flower on the Fresh Cuts notes. Using the 5 petal flower punch, I punched out a flower in black card stock and adhered it to the back of the flower cutout. I then punched a small flower out of red cardstock using the Spring Flower Bouquet punch and adhered that to the front of the flower cutout center. A half back pearl was added to the center, the panel was matted on to red cardstock and set aside.

Cherish was stamped onto Whisper White cardstock and punched out with the small oval punch. It was matted to red cardstock punched with the large oval punch and attached to the bottom of the card. You can’t see it on this picture, but to the right of the oval element, I stamped the sprig with Versamark and then embossed with clear EP. It adds just the right about of interest to balance out the three brads that I added to the top. The main element was then added to the card with dimensionals and the card was finished.

This wasn’t exactly the card I’d had in mind for the personality of the person receiving it and I struggled with the idea of not having the right color/pattern of designer paper. At the time, I didn’t feel that I had anything else to work with. But the next morning, I checked a forgotten "stash" of paper and found exactly what I was looking for! Personally, I like this card better, but the other one that I wound up making reflects the young lady’s personality much better I think. I’ll post that one next.

Stamp Set: Fresh Cuts, Warm Words
Paper: Basic Black, Real Red, Whisper White, Fresh Cuts notes
Ink: Basic Black, Versamark
Accessories: 5 Petal Flower Punch, Large and Small Oval Punch, Spring Flower Bouquet Punch, Half Back Pearl, Red Metallic Brads, clear embossing powder, dimensionals

No comments:

Lovely As A Tree

This post also uses the new Brusho Crystal Color Powder.  I wanted to try making a landscape, but knew, because of how Brusho works (you can...