Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Dream In Red

While laying in bed last Saturday morning, I came up with the idea of this card. It too is similar to a card that I posted earlier, and I had a idea for using some single color double sided designer paper. I just didn’t know if I had any in red. I remembered that I’d gotten the Prints Pack Designer Series Paper as a hostess "set" and when I check it out I found that I did inDEED have red paper. This is the result of my early morning brainstorm. This layout and stamp set would work with just about ANY color designer paper and could be used for any occasion.

The flower was stamped with the Real Red and Green Galore markers on Whisper White cardstock. It was then matted on to Real Red and then Basic Black for a bit of contrast. Two glitter brads were added as the flower centers. My brads came already glittered but I’ve heard that you can make your own using regular brads, Diamond Glaze dimensional adhesive and glitter.

Two sides of the designer paper were used and a satin ribbon attached over the seam. It’s a bit hard to see in this picture but the bottom is the light background with the medium sized dark polka dot and the top paper is the reverse. There’s another design that’s a dark background with small white polka dot but the reverse design was, I thought, too busy. Another narrower length of ribbon was tied around the main element which was then attached with dimensionals.

Recipe:
Stamp Set: Live Your Dream
Paper: Real Red designer series paper (hostess set from the Spring/Summer catalog), Whisper White, Real Red, Basic Black
Ink: Real Red, Green Galore markers
Accessories: Red Satin Ribbon (two widths), glitter brads, dimensionals

No comments:

Lovely As A Tree

This post also uses the new Brusho Crystal Color Powder.  I wanted to try making a landscape, but knew, because of how Brusho works (you can...