Search This Blog

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Winter Wonderland in Red

Have you ever had a stamp set that you bought because you really liked a sample that you saw made with it, but when you got the set you couldn't find the sample and you couldn't figure out what else to do with it? Or else the sample didn't look as good as it did the first time you saw it? You let the stamp set sit around forever, and then decided you were going to try to sell it?

Well, that's what went on with this set, except that I wasn't able to sell it. Boy am I glad I didn't!

In the Fall/Winter catalog I saw the Sleigh Bells Ring set but didn't buy it. Had too many other things on my list that I wanted first. But I still liked that set. Then I got to thinking "Oh, Oh, Oh! I HAVE a similar set somewhere, now where the heck did I hide it??" So, I went looking and DID find it!

I really like how this card turned out. The Ski Slope Designer Series paper really added a nice touch, and we do need bright cheery cards in this drab, dreary winter, don't we? I started out with a Riding Hood Red card base (because I was out of Real Red which is actually the color in the designer paper) and the Whisper White as a mat, then the designer paper. The image is stamped on WW in Riding Hood Red, and matted on Riding Hood Red. It’s hard to see in the picture but I used the crystal Stickles on some of the snow around the skating rink and along the road. The seam of the two papers is covered by the ribbon.

Recipe:
Stamp Set: Winter Wonderland
Paper: Ski Slope DP, Riding Hood Red, Whisper White
Ink: Real Red
Accessories: Blue Bayou double stitched ribbon, crystal Stickles

No comments:

Lovely As A Tree

This post also uses the new Brusho Crystal Color Powder.  I wanted to try making a landscape, but knew, because of how Brusho works (you can...