Search This Blog

Friday, January 16, 2009

Winter Wonderland in Blue

Here's some food for thought.....if you have a stamp set that you haven’t used at all or maybe just one time and it's been retired but you still REALLY LIKE it, don’t sell it or give it away, keep it somewhere out of sight so you can’t see that you still have it. Then when a catalog comes out that has a set similar (I’m convinced that they discontinue stuff so they can bring it back in a couple years "changed" just a little bit), get your hidden set out and you’ll be set! Then you can use the money that you saved by not buying another similar set, to buy something else that you really need/want.

I was inspired to make this card because of the Sleigh Bells Ring set that was in the Fall/Winter catalog. I KNEW I had a set similar to that one but couldn't remember if I still had it. Fortunately, I DID.

This color/paper combination seemed to lend itself well for a masculine card. It’s hard to see but I used the crystal Stickles on part of the skating rink and also on the road. I SO like how it turned out!

Recipe:
Stamp Set: Winter Wonderland
Paper: Four Seasons DSP (ret.), Night of Navy, Whisper White
Ink: Night of Navy
Accessories: Navy grosgrain ribbon from Michael’s, crystal Stickles

No comments:

Lovely As A Tree

This post also uses the new Brusho Crystal Color Powder.  I wanted to try making a landscape, but knew, because of how Brusho works (you can...