Search This Blog

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Birthday Blooms

This card was made for a 4 year old girl and I’d been told that her favorite colors were purple and pink. I had to work a bit to come up with the right combination. The contrast was almost too much for me but I figured this was for a 4 year old and I know how they like flash and dash. After I’d finished the card, it still didn’t look right so that’s when I added a little bit more "flash," meaning the stickles.

The card was made with Pixie Pink as the base. The Lovely Lilac front was cut a half inch shorter than the width of the card and then punched using the Fiskars scallop punch. I have both the Fiskars and Stampin’ Up! scalloped punches but wanted the holes so saved myself the extra steps by using the Fiskars one.

The flower and the leaves were stamped on Whisper White CS. The flower was stamped again on Pixie Pink and cut out. It was attached to the white with a rhinestone brad, and this was layered on to a mat of Pixie Pink and Mello Moss which was then attached to the card base.

This card was pretty simple and could be used for a number of different occasions simply by changing up the colors and sentiments.

Recipe:
Stamp Set: Friendship Blooms, Sincere Salutations
Paper: Pixie Pink, Mello Moss, Lovely Lilac, Whisper White
Ink: Pixie Pink, Mello Moss, Lovely Lilac
Accessories: Scalloped Punch (Fiskars), Purple Rhinestone Brad, Fruit Pumch Stickles (could also use Crystal)

No comments:

Lovely As A Tree

This post also uses the new Brusho Crystal Color Powder.  I wanted to try making a landscape, but knew, because of how Brusho works (you can...