Search This Blog

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Pomegranate Solitude

I got this card from one of the blogs that I visit regularly but I didn't write down the name of the poster. If someone recognizes this card from another blog (especially if YOU are the one who made it!), please let me know and I'll edit this to give proper credit.

This card used the Spring Solitude set which was a level 2 hostess in the Spring/Summer SU! catalog. I masked off the center with paper and wheeled the flower design on diagonally using my Stampin’ Around Wheel Guide. Even wheeling diagonally, I never would have been able to get the lines straight without that guide! I then used the multi flower stamp to stamp the outline in the open area, stamped the solid flower in Pomegranate ink on Whisper White, cut it out and attached with a dimensional. A strip of satin Pomegranate ribbon was wrapped around opposite corners and embellished with a large rhinestone. A bit of Stickles crystal glitter in the center of the flowers and the card is done!


Recipe:
Stamp Set: Spring Solitude
Paper: Whisper White, Purely Pomegranate
Ink: Purely Pomegranate
Accessories: Solitude wheel, Stampin’ Around Wheel Guide, clear rhinestones, Purely Pomegranate satin ribbon

No comments:

Lovely As A Tree

This post also uses the new Brusho Crystal Color Powder.  I wanted to try making a landscape, but knew, because of how Brusho works (you can...