Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Blue Garden Thank You

I had previously posted a pic with this design for a card that I had made for a neighbor to use as a "Thank You" card. She’s undergoing cancer treatment and wanted something nice to send those folks who have been helping her out with meals and such. She asked for more and said that she’d like something in blue. This was somewhat of a challenge for me because I don’t have that much in the way of designer paper with any kind of blue in it. I’m pleased with how this card turned out however. I hope she likes it.

I stamped the flower and sentiment with Blue Bayou. Put a strip of Spring Silhouettes on the bottom with the raw edge covered with the ribbon. I glued the micro beads on the center of the flower with the Diamond Glaze. I thought that added just the right amount of bling.

Recipe:
Stamp Sets: From the Garden, Warm Words
Paper: Soft Sky, Spring Silhouettes designer paper
Ink: Blue Bayou
Accessories: Soft Sky double stitched ribbon, Diamond Glaze, clear micro beads

Lovely As A Tree

This post also uses the new Brusho Crystal Color Powder.  I wanted to try making a landscape, but knew, because of how Brusho works (you can...