Search This Blog

Saturday, June 7, 2008

DANG!!

Hello All, sorry it's been a few days since I've posted something but it's been busy here plus it's been so HOT. My stamping room and computer room are one and the same and we've had warm weather the past couple days and it's been uncomfortable being upstairs for any length of time. When I get hot my creativity goes right out the window and I sort of forget that I have this blog going that people actually do check out once in a while.

I'll try to get something posted in the next day or so. Today we were dealing with terrific thunderstorms that rolled through here and dropped about 3" of water in about 3 hours. My husband and I were at Walmart and we were in the back of the store when a big clap of thunder sounded like it was right on top of us, the lights sizzled and then went out for a couple of seconds. We should have taken that as our cue to go HOME but noooooooo, we had to hit the grocery store first and got stuck there when more lightening hit close enough to set off someone's car alarm. And I WAS THE ONE DRIVING!! We drove home in the rain and sat out in our parking lot waiting for it to let up enough so we could get in without getting soaked. It was so warm today that it actually felt good however, to be somewhat wet. We've got flood warnings out and water everywhere. Manhole covers were popping out of the streets there was so much water pressure! Since our storm sewers and sewer sewers are one in the same, I'm sure there was some dumping into Lake Michigan today. Yuck. The weather maps have been brightly colored all afternoon and evening. It's raining again as I'm writing this.

Anyway, after going to church tomorrow morning we're staying HOME the rest of the day (the storms are to continue into MONDAY) so hopefully I'll be able to post something then. Hope all is well wherever you are. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Lovely As A Tree

This post also uses the new Brusho Crystal Color Powder.  I wanted to try making a landscape, but knew, because of how Brusho works (you can...