Search This Blog

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Elegant Whimsy

I have to keep reminding myself that I have this blog and that people are actually checking it out. I have a tendancy to get behind with my posting. Today was supposed to be my day off from work but I got called in to help with a major copy project. (I retired two years ago but am back to work very part time at a local copy store.) Then I had to run off our condo newsletter which I will hand deliver tomorrow before going in to work in the afternoon for my regularly scheduled hours. After I post this, I'm going to bed. I'm beat.

I got the idea for this card from Splitcoast. It's using one of the free stamp sets that was available during the last Sale-a-bration promotion by Stampin' Up!. I copied it shamelessly because I thought it was just that elegant. Check out the card Here

I thought this could even be used as a masculine card because with the "bow tie" and the dark colors, it looks sort of like a tuxedo.

Recipe:
Stamp Set: Birthday Whimsy, Canvas Background
Paper: Purely Pomegranate, Basic Grey, Basic Black, Very Vanilla
Ink: Basic Black
Accessories: 3/8" wide ivory satin ribbon, Crystal Effects, yellow Stickles glitter glue, ticket corner punch

I stamped the cake in black, and then stamped the frosting part in Purely Pomegranate and cut just that part out. I attached to cake and then put Crystal Effects on to add a glazed "frosting" look.. Add some yellow Stickles for flames and a bow tie and it’s done!

No comments:

Lovely As A Tree

This post also uses the new Brusho Crystal Color Powder.  I wanted to try making a landscape, but knew, because of how Brusho works (you can...