Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Red Valentine #1

I guess it's time for me to get with the program and post some seasonal cards. After all, Valentine's Day is less than two weeks away and you need time to make cards. This is one of the cards that I made up as a sample for a card group that I hosted last Sunday. There was only one lady there (the other one had to cancel) but we had fun, just the two of us and I got to make everything again too. This card turned out to be easier to make that I'd originally thought.

I started out with a strip of Whisper White card stock that I'd zipped through the Big Shot in a Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder. Another strip of Whisper White was punched with the Eyelet border punch and attached to the back of the bottom of the polka dot piece. A length of red grosgrain ribbon tied with a faux bow was attached to cover up the juncture of the two white pieces, and this was attached to a base card of Real Red card stock.

Three hearts were punched out of Real Red Designer Series paper pack which was a level 1 hostess item in a previous catalog. These hearts were attached with dimensionals.

Happy Valentine's Day was stamped in Real Red ink on a scrap of Whisper White, punched out with the Modern Label punch and attached to the card front.

Recipe:
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Whisper White, Real Red, Real Red Designer Series Paper
Ink: Real Red
Accessories: Full Heart Punch, Modern Label Punch, red grosgrain ribbon, Eyelet Border Punch, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder.

No comments:

Lovely As A Tree

This post also uses the new Brusho Crystal Color Powder.  I wanted to try making a landscape, but knew, because of how Brusho works (you can...