Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

To You from Me Quilt

I realize that this has nothing to do with the New Year, or winter, or any season or theme that would be current. But, I like how bright and cheerful it is, plus I just think it looks neat. So, here are the details.

OK, starting from the top and working my way down. I stamped the sentiment from Best Yet on Whisper White in Riding Hood Red ink. It was punched out with the 1 1/4" circle punch, attached to a Bashful Blue 1 3/8" circle which was then attached to a scalloped circle out of Riding Hood Red CS. The individual squares of Washington Apple Designer Series paper were attached to Whisper White and run through the Big Shot with the Top Note Die. I can't remember exactly what the size of the squares was because I've given away the card and I forgot to write it down. I think they were 1".

The card base is Riding Hood Red with a mat of Bashful Blue on top. The die cut piece was attached to a mat of Riding Hood Red CS that has the corners rounded. A strip of So Saffron grosgrain ribbon was wrapped around and taped to the back of the red piece. This was attached to the base card, and the "to You from me" element was attached with dimensionals. Pima flowers were attached together with a brad and attached with a glue dot.

I really like how this card turned out. My Mom is a quilter and I made this with her in mind. Actually, I sent this one to my sister, and sent the one that I'll post next, to my Mom. But, my Mom's quilting was my reason for making this card.

Recipe:
Stamp Set: Best Yet
Paper: Bashful Blue, Whisper White, Riding Hood Red CS, Washington Apple DSP
Ink: Riding Hood Red
Other: Top Note Die, 1 1/4 and 1 3/8" circle, scalloped circle, corner rounder punches, Pima Flowers, Brad, So Saffron 5/8" grosgrain ribbon

No comments:

Lovely As A Tree

This post also uses the new Brusho Crystal Color Powder.  I wanted to try making a landscape, but knew, because of how Brusho works (you can...