Search This Blog

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Trendy Trees

I know that the new catalog will be coming out next month but this set has not been retired so I'm proceeding with the posts of the cards that I made for a group of SU! demonstrators.

I found the card here

The card base is Whisper White. I used strips from the Good Morning Sunshine paper to make a "quilt" effect on the lower portion of the card. I stamped the trees in Summer Sun and Kiwi Kiss ink on Whisper White and punched out using my large oval punch. I attached them to Kiwi Kiss ovals punched out using my Wide Oval punch from Marvy. These were attached to the card with dimensionals, overlapping the edge of the Kiwi Kiss striped grosgrain ribbon (which looks WAY wrong in this picture but that’s the way it photographs and I took the picture more than once) which covers up the top edge of the printed paper strips. The sentiment was stamped on Kiwi Kiss card stock and punched out using the large oval punch. It was attached with dimensionals.

Here’s the recipe:
Stamps: Trendy Trees
Paper: Whisper White, Kiwi Kiss , Good Morning Sunshine Designer Series paper
Ink: Summer Sun, Kiwi Kiss, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Kiwi Kiss Striped Ribbon, large oval punch, wide oval punch by Marvy.

No comments:

Lovely As A Tree

This post also uses the new Brusho Crystal Color Powder.  I wanted to try making a landscape, but knew, because of how Brusho works (you can...