Search This Blog

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Stem Silhouettes


I needed a thank you card for my SU! demo friend that I wanted to put a bit of extra effort in to. Since I’d never tried the emboss resist technique for making a background, I thought I’d try it out. Here’s the result.
The recipe:
Set: Stem Silhouettes
Paper: Garden Green, Whisper White, Brushed Gold
Ink: Garden Green, Green Galore, Marigold Morning, Versamark
Accessories: Gold EP, Clear EP, Gold Organdy Ribbon, sponge, dimensionals, heat gun

To make the background, I first inked one of the stamps with Versamark and stamped the image several times, reinking after each stamp. I then applied the clear EP and heated to melt. I then sponged the different colors of ink randomly on the card, covering all areas. I used a paper towel to rub off any excess from the embossed areas.

I then stamped one image on the white with Garden Green ink, and heat set it. (I was too impatient with my first try and did the second image right away with the gold EP and it stuck to the green too! Not the effect I was looking for, believe me!). I then stamped the other image with Versamark and then sprinkled with gold EP and heated to melt. Attached it to the background with dimensionals after tying on the ribbon. It’s hard to see in this picture, but I stamped "Thank You" from the set in Versamark underneath the stems and heat embossed with gold EP.

Word came back that she really liked it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I REALLY like this card! I haven't done anything for SO long and seeing this one really makes my blood ache to start "stamping" again. I haven't worked with the reverse inking like that and it looks wonderful! Nice job, Kathy!

Dawn
Medford, OR

Lovely As A Tree

This post also uses the new Brusho Crystal Color Powder.  I wanted to try making a landscape, but knew, because of how Brusho works (you can...