Search This Blog

Friday, December 28, 2007

Special Christmas Card


I needed a Christmas card for my best friend and Stampin’ Up! demo and wanted it to be something that she hadn’t seen before. Since she and I usually do the same card making events and she’s a demonstrator, she’d seen everything that I’d made. So, I came up with this card. This set was a Sellabration set in 2006 but I hadn’t used it much. The glitter affect actually shows up pretty well in this picture!

The recipe:
Set: Gently Falling (2006 Sellabration)
Paper: Kraft, Very Vanilla, Buckaroo Blue, blue suede paper
Ink: Buckaroo Blue, Versamark
Accessories: Kaleidoscope Glitter Embossing Powder by Stampendous, French Blue ribbon, paper piercer, paper piercing template, antique brass square brads, heat gun

To make the design I first stamped the image with buckaroo blue ink. I then cleaned the stamp and reinked with Versamark and stamped over the image, then covered in glitter EP and heated. Be careful not to put the heat gun too close to the powder or it will lose it’s shine. I had a couple of false starts with that element until I figured it out. The sample picture that I was working from showed a dry embossed background using a snowflake embossing folder. Since I didn’t have a way of duplicating that effect, I decided to do something completely different and used my suede paper which I’d purchased some time back and had used seldom. I think the suede gives the card a richer look.

No comments:

Lovely As A Tree

This post also uses the new Brusho Crystal Color Powder.  I wanted to try making a landscape, but knew, because of how Brusho works (you can...