Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Pink Elegance

I really like the new Stampin' Up! embossing folders. While I have a lot of the Cuttlebug ones and use those often, I felt that if I'm going to eventually become a Stampin' Up! demonstrator (next year), that I should acquire the SU! ones too.

This card was very easy to make. I used Pretty in Pink card stock and ran it through the Elegant Bouquet embossing folder. I cut out around the edges to make it look a bit more three dimensional, used some regal rose ink and a sponge to add some texture, and then used my Fruit Punch Stickles glitter glue to go over all the raised areas. I attached this to a Regal Rose card base. I stamped the Oval All stamp on Whisper White and colored it in with markers, punching it out with the large oval punch. I used the scalloped oval punch to punch out a mat from Rose Red CS. The ovals were layered and attached to the card with dimensionals. And that was it! I've also made this one with the Basic Gray CS for the card base, and the So Saffron for the roses. I sent that one to my Mom and forgot to take a picture before I sent it. Oops!

Recipe:

Stamp Set: Oval All
Paper: Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Rose Red, Whisper White
Ink: Regal Rose, Basic Black, Markers
Accessories: Elegant Bouquet Embossing Folder, large oval punch, scalloped oval punch, dimensionals, Fruit Punch Stickles glitter glue

No comments:

Lovely As A Tree

This post also uses the new Brusho Crystal Color Powder.  I wanted to try making a landscape, but knew, because of how Brusho works (you can...