Search This Blog

Monday, October 19, 2009

Got Bones?

This was a really cute card to make. I got my idea from Jan Tink's website. Go to her October 1st post. (I don't know how to link to the exact card except to tell you which day she posted it.). I did this card as a swap for a SU! demo group meeting and everyone liked it. I made up a bunch more to send to my friends for Halloween. I love the little pooch trying to get his bone!

The only thing that I did differently was to use clear detail embossing powder on the image. It softened it up just a bit. I tried using white EP and the detail became too "muddy." Not using any EP worked too because I still had the white image, but I liked the little bit of "glow" that I got from the clear EP. Wish Stampin' Up! had glow-in-the-dark embossing powder. Now wouldn't that be fun?!??

Start out with Old Olive card base. Cut piece of Cast a Spell DSP and attach a strip of Perfect Plum to the back at the top. With marker, draw "stitch" lines along edge of purple card stock. Attach strip of black grosgrain to the front as shown, tie bow on right side, near edge. Attach to card base.

Cut piece of black CS 2 1/4" by 2 1/4". Stamp image with Whisper White craft ink, emboss with clear detail powder. Cut Pumpkin Pie piece 2 ½" by 2 ½". Attach black stamped CS piece to Pumpkin Pie piece. With marker, draw "stitch" lines around border. Best to do this step after the two pieces are attached so that placement of stitching is correct. Attach panel to card front.

Punch Perfect Plum with Modern Label punch. Using marker, draw lines around edge of "bone". Fold in half and slip over edge of card. Use 1/16" punch to punch hole through all layers for brad. Attach with brad. Tie snippet of Pumpkin Pie ribbon around "bone."

Recipe:
Stamps: Twick or Tweet
Paper: Cast a Spell DSP, Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Perfect Plum, Old Olive
Ink: White Craft, Elegant Eggplant Marker
Accessories: Clear Detail EP, Black grosgrain ribbon, pumpkin pie grosgrain ribbon, 1/16" punch, Modern Label punch, Pumpkin Pie brad.

No comments:

Lovely As A Tree

This post also uses the new Brusho Crystal Color Powder.  I wanted to try making a landscape, but knew, because of how Brusho works (you can...