Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Think Happy Kiwi Thoughts

I’ve been trying to be inspired and make something on my own that I’m not copying from someone else. The cards that I’ve made the last three days have been completely CASE’d from others which is why I'm not posting them until I can attach the proper credits to them.

This was a card that I tried to make from a card I found on the Internet, and it didn’t turn out anything like I thought it would which is why I’m posting it. It doesn’t resemble at all the idea I started out with originally. The only element that's even REMOTELY similar is the medallion. I’m sure all of you have had that happen to you. I’m not sure if I like this card or not. I think it will have to grow on me.

I started out using the colors from the Murifield designer paper as my inspiration. The final result isn’t what I thought it would be, mainly because I used so little of the actual designer paper. The card I started out with used Certainly Celery as the background, but that didn’t seem to look right with the brightness of the blue accent so I changed to the Kiwi Kiss which is what I should have started with in the first place.

I used my Leafy Branch Cuttlebug folder to emboss the background on Kiwi Kiss card stock. This was attached to a Pacific Point card base. Pacific Point was used with my Vintage die for the corner pieces. The flower was stamped with Versamark and embossed with embossing powder and punched out. I did it this way because I didn't trust myself to get the flower in the middle of the dotted circle image. And no, I didn't think at the time to use my stampamajig. The dotted circle was stamped with Kiwi Kiss on Very Vanilla card stock and punched with the 1 1/4" circle punch. This was attached to a circle of Pacific Point punched with the 1 3/8" circle punch. I used the Murifield retired paper in the plaid pattern and used the scalloped circle punch. All elements were attached with a brad.

Recipe:
Stamp Set: Think Happy Thoughts
Paper: Kiwi Kiss, Pacific Piont, Very Vanilla, Murifield
Ink: Kiwi Kiss, Versamark
Accessories: Cuttlebug embossing folder "Leafy Branch", Vintage die, Pearl luster Sapphire embossing powder by Stampendous, 3/4", 1 1/4", 1 3/8" and scalloped circle punches, vanilla brad from Hodge Podge Hardware, ribbon from Michael’s, dimensionals

No comments:

Lovely As A Tree

This post also uses the new Brusho Crystal Color Powder.  I wanted to try making a landscape, but knew, because of how Brusho works (you can...