Search This Blog

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Swiss Hearts

We've been having a snow storm today here in Milwaukee, WI. I turned on the Weather Channel early this afternoon and what city should be featured but . . . . . Milwaukee! I thought we were through with it which is why my husband and I went out and shoveled and dug out our car, and now it's snowing again! ACK!!

So, that meant that I have been stuck indoors and could . . . . . STAMP! Yay!

Before I post what I did today, I want to post something that I did last week, that lead to what I did today. I watch Laura Fredrickson's blog religiously, she's a fantastic source of inspiration for me and a lot of other folks out there, so check her out here. She had a link to another blog here where I got my inspiration for this card. I'll post some of my CASE's of Laura's stuff soon, but wanted to get this one out there first.

The paper that I used for the hearts lent itself better to a colored background so I chose Barely Banana for that. I used my new Swiss Dots embossing folder. I got several new ones the other day, but the Swiss Dots is my favorite. I can truthfully say that it took me longer to pick out the heart colors than it did to make the entire card. I used a black marker to ink up just the "hello" word on one of the Hero Arts stamps and stamped that on the bottom heart. Very simple! Thanks Jennifer for the inspiration!

Recipe:
Stamps: Hero Arts Friendly Greetings
Paper: Barely Banana, Textured Designer Mat Pad by Brenda Walton-K&Company
Ink: Basic Black marker
Accessories: 3/4" Small Heart Punch, Swiss Dots Cuttlebug embossing folder

No comments:

Lovely As A Tree

This post also uses the new Brusho Crystal Color Powder.  I wanted to try making a landscape, but knew, because of how Brusho works (you can...