Search This Blog

Monday, April 3, 2017

Easter Greetings



With Easter right around the corner, I decided that I needed to get started on my Easter cards.  I got the inspiration for this card from Diana Brewer Eichfeld.  Anyway, I really liked how this one turned out.  Thanks Diana!

I started with Soft Sky cardstock for the card base and then added a piece of Sahara Sand cardstock for the mat on the card front, with a top layer of the Falling In Love Designer Series Paper.  The DSP is part of the 2017 Occasions Mini offering Falling In Love Suite and is found on page 51 of the catalog.

Next I took a Delicate White Doily (cut it in half) and then sponged it using Soft Sky ink.  The greeting is from the Suite Sentiments stamp set (also from the Occasions Mini catalog) and was stamped in Sweet Sugarplum ink on Very Vanilla cardstock and then matted with Blushing Bridge cardstock, using the Lots of Labels framelits dies
.  I added a few Pearls as accents on the sentiment piece.  Before attaching the greeting with dimensionals I added a piece of Sweet Sugarplum 3/8" Ruched Ribbon strip in the background.

Here is a list of what you need to make this card (all of the items are in the annual catalog except for those where 'occasions mini' is indicated):

Stamp Set:  Suite Sentiments (Occasions Mini Catalog)
Ink:  Sweet Sugarplum, Soft Sky
Paper:  Soft Sky, Sahara Sand, Very Vanilla, Falling in Love Designer Series Paper (Occasions Mini)
Accessories:  Paper Lace Doily, 3/8" Sweet Sugarplum Ruched Ribbon, Basic Pearls
Tools:  Lots of Labels Framelits Dies, Sponge Dauber, Big Shot Die Cutting Machine

Check out my Stampin' Up! website if you'd like to order any of the above items, at http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/stampinkathy/  Just click on the 'shop now' button and it will take you to my online store.  If you click one of the dropdown items, it will take you to a PDF of the respective catalog.  Browse through, you might find you want a few more things!  Happy Stamping!!

No comments:

Lovely As A Tree

This post also uses the new Brusho Crystal Color Powder.  I wanted to try making a landscape, but knew, because of how Brusho works (you can...