Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Ahhhhh, WOOD!

Hello!  This lovely masculine card was made by Amanda Mertz.  I've discovered that I have few cards with a masculine theme so was very happy to come across this one.

First the card:

Supplies Used:
Stamps:  None
Ink:  None
Paper:  Wood Textures Designer Series Paper Stack, Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Tranquil Tide Card Stock.
Tools and Accessories:  Paper Trimmer, Tranquil Tide Finely Woven Ribbon, Big Shot Die Cutting Machine and Accessories, Seasonal Layers Thinlits Dies, multipurpose glue, SNAIL adhesive

Directions:
I attached a panel of Very Vanilla to the card base of Tranquil Tide.  I then cut a piece of Very Vanilla slightly smaller than the Very Vanilla mat.  I then cut 3/4" strips out of several of the Wood Textures paper with my paper trimmer, and lined them up on a Very Vanilla panel, unevenly like with real flooring, attaching them with SNAIL adhesive as I went.  I trimmed the edges so they were all even, then wrapped a piece of the ribbon around the wood panel attaching it in the back with tape.  Tied another piece on the front into a bow, and then attached the wood element to the card base with SNAIL adhesive.

I used the three snowflake dies from the Seasonal Layers Thinlits Dies set and cut one of each out of Whisper White card stock using the Big Shot.  Attached to the card front with a drop of multipurpose glue.

This could also be done with other patterned paper to resemble a strip quilt.

Check out my Stampin' Up! website if you'd like to order any of the above items, at http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/stampinkathy/  Just click on the 'shop now' button and it will take you to my online store.  Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Lovely As A Tree

This post also uses the new Brusho Crystal Color Powder.  I wanted to try making a landscape, but knew, because of how Brusho works (you can...